(Position Release December) The Onondaga Earth Corps (OEC) is a youth development and conservation corps program focusing on community and environmental stewardship in the Greater Syracuse Metropolitan Area. OEC enrolls youth and young adults, ages 15 to 25, in “learn to earn” positions to educate the community about the benefits of environmental stewardship through completing environmental and neighborhood improvement projects.
OEC has a strong experiential learning and service component, and often completes projects or arranges volunteer service within the community. OEC is seeking an administrative assistant to work with the Office Manager, Executive Director, and other program staff to manage administrative tasks and strengthen the capacity of the organization.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities: Assist the Office Manager and Executive Director with administrative tasks
Administrative Assistant Job Duties:
- Aid the Office Manager with researching program development solutions
- Help OEC Fundraising committee with donation solicitation and tracking
- Work with Office Manager and Program Staff to help grow capacity of the organization
- Contribute to the website, social media content, and other public relations (print, radio, television, listserv, mailing list, etc.)
- Work with the Office Manager and Executive Director to acquire and maintain relevant accreditation for the organization through research and review of policies and documents
- Aid with receiving and making phone calls, emails, and other sources of communication
- Collect and track data and help with record retention
- Make copies of program materials
- Aid Office Manager with event planning
- Assist interested youth and community partners in learning more about OEC.
- Other tasks as time permits
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficiency or ability to quickly adapt to: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite of applications, database software
- Proficiency or ability to quickly adapt to: copy machines, scanners, conducting mail merges, etc.
- High level of communication skill and teamwork with staff and participants of diverse backgrounds and skill sets
- Strong attention for detail and to see through completion of tasks
- Experience working in an office environment
- Ability to work independently
- Be comfortable with training and instructing teams
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Think creatively and incorporate diverse ideas into projects
- Sense of humor, spirit of adventure and desire to make a positive difference in our community
Position Title Administrative Assistant
Status Part time (15- 25 hours)
Deadline January 15, 2021
Start Date TBA
Please submit (1) a resume,(2) a cover letter, and (3) a completed Program/Employment Application (found online at www.onondagaearthcorps.org or in our offices at SUNY EOC center, 100New St, Syracuse) Via: Email: email@example.com
Or USPS mail, or drop off in person in submission box located at: Onondaga Earth Corps100 New St, Rm 239Syracuse, NY 13202
If someone does not have access to completing the application online, please contact us at (315) 565-3797. Any questions about the position can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com