Spring 2021 Caregiver Education Series: We’ve partnered with our sister chapters in New York to present a series of education programs and conferences, featuring expert speakers and engaging topics to education and empower caregivers. Learn more and register today.
Call 800.272.3900 or click the program link to register and receive login instructions.
- Apr. 27, 3-4 p.m.: Understanding Alzheimer’s & Dementia (intended for caregivers and individuals living with dementia)
- May 3, 9-10 a.m.: Understanding Alzheimer’s & Dementia (intended for the general public)
- May 6, 2-3 p.m.: Effective Communication Strategies (intended for people living with dementia and their caregivers)
- May 10, 2-5:30 p.m.: Living With Alzheimer’s for Middle Stage Caregivers â€” all parts (intended for caregivers)
ALZConnected is our free online community for everyone affected by Alzheimer’s or another dementia, including people with the disease, caregivers, family members, friends, and individuals who have lost someone to Alzheimer’s. Visit and register today.
Virtual Visit to the Remington Museum
Our next Alz Across New York virtual social engagement program is a visit to the Frederic Remington Art Museum in Ogdensburg. We’ll slow down and look closely at some of American artist Frederic Remington’s most interesting and famous artworks and explore how Remington’s paintings and sculptures make us think and feel.
Join us on May 18 from 11 a.m.-Noon. Register online or at 800.272.3900.
Virtual Alzheimer’s Community Forums
At our virtual Alzheimer’s Community Forums, we want to hear your perspectives and insights about supporting a person living with dementia so that we may identify gaps and needs in the community. You will learn about opportunities to improve care and support of these individuals and we will determine ways to work together to better serve the caregivers in our community.
Our next forum is May 11 at 7 p.m. and will focus on the needs of the Hispanic community. The forum will take place entirely in Spanish.
While our support groups are identified geographically, they are open to all caregivers seeking peer and professional support. Call 800.272.3900 to register and receive call-in instructions.
- Apr. 26, 5 p.m.: All Areas Chapter Support Group #2
- Apr. 27, 4:30 p.m.: Watertown Caregiver Support Group
- Apr. 28, 1 p.m.: Clinton Caregiver Support Group
- Apr. 28, 6 p.m.: Oswego Caregiver Support Group
- Apr. 29, 2 p.m.: Skaneateles Caregiver Support Group
- May 4, 6 p.m.: Vestal Caregiver Support Group
- May 4, 6:30 p.m.: Canton Caregiver Support Group
- May 5, 5:30 p.m.: Ithaca Caregiver Support Group
- May 6, 1 p.m.: Syracuse Caregiver Support Group
- May 6, 2 p.m.: Auburn Caregiver Support Group
- May 6, 4 p.m.: Utica Caregiver Support Group
- May 8, 11 a.m.: Liverpool Caregiver Support Group