The trio known as Bell Biv Devoe brings its classic blend of hip hop, R&B and pop back to the Great New York State Fair with an 8 p.m. performance Thursday, August 26 on the Chevy Park stage. It’s a return trip for BBD, following a visit in 2014 for the “Poison” and “Do Me” group as part of the Chevrolet Music Festival. All concerts are free with $3 Fair admission.
“Bell Biv Devoe’s sound never goes out of style. This will be a great show for lovers of classic hip hop and R&B and it’s a show that fans won’t want to miss,” said Troy Waffner, Fair Director.
Bell Biv Devoe joins a lineup of more than 50 national touring shows presented in the Chevrolet Music Festival, the largest free music festival at any state fair in America. Shows announced to date include:
- LoCash, Friday, August 20 with time to be announced
- Nas, Friday, August 20 at 8 p.m.
- 98 Degrees, Saturday, August 21 at 2 p.m.
- RATT, Saturday, August 21 with time to be announced
- Brothers Osborne, Sunday, August 22, 8 p.m.
- Bishop Briggs, Monday, August 23 with time to be announced.
- Foreigner, Monday, August 23 at 8 p.m.
- Dire Straits Legacy, Tuesday, August 24 with time to be announced
- Train, Tuesday, August 24 at 8 p.m.
- REO Speedwagon, Wednesday, August 25 at 8 p.m.
- Three Dog Night, Thursday, August 26 with time to be announced
- Sister Sledge, Friday, August 27 at 2 p.m.
- Melissa Etheridge, Friday, August 27 at 8 p.m.
- Vixen and Great White, Saturday, August 28 with time to be announced.
- Noah Cyrus, Sunday, August 29 at 2 p.m.
- Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes, Sunday, August 29 with time to be announced
- Dropkick Murphys, Sunday, August 29 at 8 p.m.
- The Oak Ridge Boys, Tuesday, August 31 at 2 p.m.
- Halestorm, Tuesday, August 31 at 8 p.m.
- Sheena Easton, Wednesday, September 1 at 2 p.m.
- Blue Oyster Cult, Wednesday, September 1 with time to be announced
- Starship featuring Mickey Thomas, Thursday, September 2 with time to be announced
Based on current state guidance, concerts are likely to take place on the Chevy Park stage in the New York Experience festival grounds. Attendance will be limited. Concertgoers will need a ticket to enter the concert area in addition to the $3 admission ticket to the Fair. Concert area tickets will be free of charge and available until the attendance limit is reached. Food and beverages will be available inside the concert area. Families and groups will be assigned to a designated area from which they can enjoy the concert. Masks will be required any time a person is outside their designated area.
Chevrolet sponsors concerts at the Great New York State Fair.
The Reimagined 2021 Great New York State Fair brings back the elements fairgoers love best – food, music, rides and games, and agriculture – in an outdoor format designed to be as safe as possible. Based on current state guidance, the Fair’s buildings will not be open except for some bathrooms. To comply with limits on attendance, $3 admission tickets will only be sold online and only to the safe capacity limits of the grounds. Tickets will be good only for the date of the Fair for which it is purchased.
Safety guidance can change and prospective fairgoers are advised to follow the Fair’s social media sites, sign up for the Fair’s email newsletter, or closely follow the Fair’s website to get the latest developments.
Founded in 1841, the Great New York State Fair is America’s third largest state fair. The Fair showcases the best of New York agriculture, provides top-quality entertainment and is a key piece of Governor Cuomo’s CNY Rising strategy of growing the Central New York economy through tourism. Fair attendance is up more than 46% since the beginning of more than $120 million in investments, with 1.33 million people attending the Fair in 2019. The 2021 Fair runs from August 20 to September 6.
The New York State Fairgrounds is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. Find the Great New York State Fair on its website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and enjoy photos from the Fair on Flickr. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair to firstname.lastname@example.org.