Liverpool, NY (February 13, 2020) – The Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (JATC) for Bricklayers & Allied Craftworkers, Local Union #2 (Syracuse), will conduct a recruitment from March 5, 2020 through February 4, 2021 for five Cement Finisher or Cement Mason apprentices; five Bricklayer, Mason, and Plasterer apprentices; five Pointer, Caulker, and Cleaner apprentices; five Tile, Marble, and Terrazzo Finisher apprentices; and five Tile Setter (3 year) apprentices, the New York State Department of Labor announced today.
Applications can be obtained at JATC for Bricklayers & Allied Craftworkers, Local Union #2 (Syracuse), 7705 Maltlage Drive, Liverpool, NY, on the first Thursday of each month, from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., excluding legal holidays, during the recruitment period. Applications can also be requested by calling (315) 622-2081.
Applications should be returned by mail to: Bricklayers & Allied Craftworkers JATC #2 (Syracuse), 302 Centre Drive, Albany, NY 12203. Applications must be received no later than February 11, 2021.
The Committee requires that applicants:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma (such as TASC or GED).
- Must be physically able to lift 50-100 pounds.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from job sites and required classes at the approved school.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in order to operate company vehicles.
- Must be a resident within the geographic jurisdiction of Local Union #2 for at least six months prior to application. This includes the counties of Albany, Cayuga, Clinton, Columbia, Essex, Franklin, Greene, Hamilton, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Madison, Montgomery, Onondaga, Oneida, Oswego, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, St. Lawrence, Warren, and Washington.
- Must provide DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, if applicable, after selection and prior to indenture.
For further information, applicants should contact JATC for Bricklayers & Allied Craftworkers, Local Union #2 (Syracuse), at (315) 622-2081. Additional job search assistance can be obtained at your local New York State Department of Labor Career Center (see: https://www.labor.ny.gov/career-center-locator/location-list-all.php).
Apprentice programs registered with the Department of Labor must meet standards established by the Commissioner. Under state law, sponsors of programs cannot discriminate against applicants because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or marital status. Women and minorities are encouraged to submit applications for apprenticeship programs. Sponsors of programs are required to adopt affirmative action plans for the recruitment of women and minorities.