The Community Foundation has a job opening, Finance Associate. Please review Job Description below and/or click on the following link http://www.cnycf.org/careers.
TITLE: Finance Associate
REPORTS TO: Controller
STATUS: Regular, Full-Time, Salaried Non-exempt
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Finance Associate at the Central New York Community Foundation (“CNYCF”) is responsible for administering the grants and accounts payable process. The position is highly process oriented, requiring a solutions-oriented individual who can prioritize and multi-task, maintaining a high level of customer service among external and internal constituents.
- Grant Processing
- Interface with other departments to process grants in an efficient, timely and accurate manner
- Input data into granting software; ensure data is correct and properly supported by documentation
- Print checks and create award letters for all outgoing grants; coordinate review process
- Accounts Payable Processing
- Maintain vendor invoices waiting to be paid; schedule payments
- Input vendor invoices and cut checks; coordinate review process
- Administration of credit card statements including obtaining proper documentation, assembling and scheduling payment
- Creating manual checks as needed
- Administrative Support:
- Maintain filing for Finance department
- Provide phone/front desk coverage as needed
- Work as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure effective and efficient CNYCF operations. At all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with supervisors and coworkers. Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
- Deep interest in and commitment to philanthropy and the work of the Community Foundation, with a demonstrated commitment to the Central New York area, its people and their concerns
- Minimum of 1-2 years of related work experience working in an administrative, data entry or accounting position preferred
- Computer proficiency including knowledge of Microsoft Office, and a willingness to learn all appropriate software
- Superior customer service skills to external and internal constituents. Excellent listening skills, follow through and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work effectively and adjust to multiple demands.
- Highly motivated and self-confident, with the ability to work independently, take initiative, participate as an effective team member and follow tasks through to completion.
TIME REQUIREMENT: This is a full-time, non-exempt position requiring 37.5 hours per week. Work hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with some flexibility.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary range starts at $39,000. Employee benefits include health insurance, annual vacation and sick days, twelve paid holidays, term life insurance, additional disability insurance, parking, 401(k) retirement savings program with employer contribution and match, optional flex spending accounts for medical or dependent care expenses and other benefits as outlined in the employee handbook.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.