Qualified City employees are invited to apply for the following job vacancy. Application and/or resume should be submitted to Wendy Murphy in Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than April 14, 2021.
DEPARTMENT OF NBD/CODE ENFORCEMENT
Central Permit Office – Senior Project Manager
$47,442 – $54,147
***EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – Women and Minority Applicants are encouraged to Apply***
Must Be A Resident of the City of Syracuse
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
The work involves responsibility for leading the review and approval process for select permit applications within the Central Permit Office (CPO) end-to-end from concept to delivery. The work involves implementation of Project Management tools and software to improve the review times and efficiency for permit types including but not limited to: Commercial Renovation; Commercial New; Fire Alarm; Sprinkler; Residential Renovation and Residential New. Ongoing work involves the design and implementation of digital services to increase accessibility and to enhance the overall application experience for both constituents and internal staff alike. Essential duties of this role include direct oversight and responsibility for online intake and digital plan review for permits, liaising between CPO, all outside reviewing departments, external constituents and the Mayor’s Office. Development and maintenance of client relationships alongside the organization and direct of multi-discipline teams is additional essential to the successful execution of this work. Other responsibilities include monitoring review times and due dates based on Objectives & Key Results (OKR’s) for each permit type in order to maintain accountability for outside reviewing departments while striving to issue 95% of selected applications within their target due dates.
This position is within the Central Permit Office, a sub-division of the Division of Code Enforcement within the Department of Neighborhood and Business Development. This position is a leadership role within the CPO, working closely with and reporting to the Director of the Central Permit Office. Senior leadership within the department includes the Director of Code Enforcement and the Commissioner of Neighborhood and Business Development.
Demonstrates understanding of project management concepts, practices, and standards.
- Ability to identify complex problems and related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Facilitate project progress review meetings.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively, build consensus and promote the exchange of information among project team members.
- Familiarity and comfort with databases.
- Ability to provide high quality work utilizing highly developed and effective communication (written and verbal), project management, time management, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to handle ambiguity in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent
tasks and changing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness in work product.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to business communication.
- Exhibits comfort with the exploration and implementation of new technologies
Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the New
York State Board of Regents to grant degrees with a baccalaureate Degree.
(3) years of professional work experience or its part-time equivalent in one of the following areas: project management; project coordination; event coordination; office management; construction management; risk management or business administration.
The Affirmative Action Policy of the City of Syracuse is to provide equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, creed, age (18 and over), marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity or gender expression, sexual or affectional preference or orientation, or any other classified group within the protected class. The City also complies with 31 CFR part 51. If you have a disability for which you wish special accommodation to be made, contact the Department of Personnel at City Hall, Rm 312 at 448-8780. The City of Syracuse may conduct a criminal background check with regard to the employment sought.