Qualified City employees are invited to apply for the following job vacancy. Application and/or resume should be submitted to Wendy Murphy –City Hall, Room 312 or by email email@example.com , no later than April 29, 2021.
Department of Public Works
Job Title: Complaint Investigator
**EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – Women and Minority Applicants are encouraged to Apply**
THIS IS A COMPETITIVE CIVIL SERVICE POSITION. APPOINTMENT WILL BE MADE ON A PROVISIONAL BASIS UNTIL THE EXAM RESULTS ARE POSTED. YOU MUST BE REACHABLE FOR PERMANENT APPOINTMENT
- A) One (1) year of permanent competitive class status in the title of Clerk II or Typist II; or,
- B) Three (3) years of permanent competitive class status in the title of Clerk I or Typist I
- A) Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees with an Associate’s Degree; or,
- B) Two (2) years of work experience, or its part-time equivalent, in investigation, customer service, or in a position that involved responding to people’s needs in an advocacy role; or,
- C) An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (A) and (B).
The Affirmative Action Policy of the City of Syracuse is to provide equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, creed, age (18 and over), marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity or gender expression, sexual or affectional preference or orientation, or any other classified group within the protected class. The City also complies with 31 CFR part 51. If you have a disability for which you wish special accommodation to be made, contact the Department of Personnel at City Hall, Rm 312 at 315-448-8780.
The City of Syracuse may conduct a criminal background check with regard to the employment sought.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER