This position is responsible for the parts inventory accounting functions and other accounting.
CNYRTA/Centro Announcement of Vacant Position
DEPARTMENT: Accounting, Central New York Regional Transportation Authority
SALARY RANGE: Grade 4 – 40,110 to 50,661
Note: Starting salary is determined by evaluation of experience and qualifications for the position.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the parts inventory accounting functions and other accounting functions as assigned.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval for straight pay invoices (purchases w/o purchase order). Audit and review for proper approval on all petty cash reimbursements.
- Match parts inventory purchase receipts with invoices in the parts inventory system and import into Abila for payment on a weekly basis. Research all parts credits and enter into Abila as a straight pay invoice.
- Communicate any issues/problems to storeroom personnel and buyers regarding any parts inventory receipts/purchases.
- Prepare weekly and monthly payroll related entries from PDS Vista payroll and record them into Abila.
- Act as the liaison between Accounting and the Storeroom, tracking cycle counting and inventory turnover on a monthly basis, communicating to the VP of Accounting issues that may arise.
- Responsible for monthly journal entries, to include vacation accrual, intercompany wage and benefits transfers.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation to include; Accrued Wages, and Accrued Bargaining Unit Wages
- Responsible for year-end reconciliation to include, Vacation Accrual, and Sick Accrual, Non-Salaried Staff.
- Act as the second backup to the Payroll Manager vacation and extended unscheduled time off. To include processing the weekly payroll, printing payroll checks, and addressing any issues that can not wait until the returnof the Payroll Manager.
- Assist with monthly close. Enter various journal entries as assigned. Reconcile all payroll related liability accounts and as assigned.
- Maintain an up-to-date employee uniform account reconciliation, working with purchasing, and operations regarding any issues or potential write-offs.
- Audit and review for proper approval for all M&T credit card purchases.
- Generates checks weekly.
- Match checks to processed invoices, obtain signatures on voucher packages and distribute checks accordingly.
- Research and Void accounts payable checks, and re-issuing checks when needed.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries and maintain good standing/relationship with vendor.
- Act as backup to all accounting staff as needed.
- Other Special Projects as assigned by the Director of Accounting, and VP of Accounting.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, experience preferred.
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) standards and pronouncements.
- Keen awareness of ethics and understanding of ethics requirements as they apply to accounting functions.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of finance.
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of internal control principles and practices.
- Knowledge of transportation industry standards and practices.
- Knowledge of CNYRTA and department policies and procedures including ability to recognize performance trends and establish general protocols to respond to those trends.
- Knowledge of relevant state and federal laws and regulations.
- Skill in analyzing and compiling financial data ability to perform mathematical calculations in order to conduct financial analysis.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
Applications and In-House Transfer Requests must be submitted to Kayla Garcia or go onto our website at www.centro.org and apply! All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. CNYTRA reserves the right to select a candidate from within or outside the Company.
CNYRTA is an equal opportunity employer.