DEPARTMENT: Maintenance, Central New York Regional Transportation Authority
SALARY RANGE: $17.40/ hour
HOURS OF LABOR: 5:00pm to 1:30am (Monday thru Friday)
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision, a cleaner/servicer is responsible for maintaining the scheduled cleaning and servicing of buses. Thorough cleaning of interior and exterior of bus is required. Cleaner/Servicer must be able to move buses within the facility for exterior cleaning and servicing. Position is also responsible for fueling buses
The cleaning process involves several duties, such as:
- Pick up loose debris from bus interior.
- Sweep out the bus.
- Dust before washing the interior
- Wash the windshield, entire driver’s area, all walls, windows and seats,
- Mop floors.
- Remove any gum or writing from the bus interior.
- Wash interior ceiling of bus.
The servicing process of this position consists of:
- Sweep out entire interior of bus.
- Wipe off seats.
- Drive bus into fueling area.
- Bring bus to fare box vault area and empty fare box vault.
- Make sure all windows are closed.
- Bring bus through wash rack, slowly.
- Park bus in storage area.
The fueling process of this position is:
- Must be able to fuel approximately 75 vehicles in one night.
- Must fuel natural gas vehicles as well as diesel buses.
- Must lift tailgates on buses to check or add oil, transmission fluid and anti-freeze.
- Must clean up work area at the end of the shift
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to take directions and be agile.
- Must be able to read/write English and basic mechanical knowledge.
- Must have a valid New York State driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must obtain a CDL within 6 months of employment.
- Must be at least 18 years old and in good physical condition.
Applications must be submitted to Amanda Wilson or go onto our website at www.centro.org and apply! All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. CNYTRA reserves the right to select a candidate from within or outside the Company.
CNYRTA is an equal opportunity employer.