CNYRTA/Centro Announcement of Vacant Position Inside Service Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Operations, Central New York Regional Transportation Authority
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Grade 5 – $48,128 to $58,947
Note: Starting salary is determined by evaluation of experience and qualifications for the position and will be set at some point between the minimum and maximum of the pay scale.
HOURS: Shift schedule to be determined
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for receiving calls for assistance from bus operators in the field and dispatching the daily work assignments to ensure that all scheduled routes are covered. Position is to be aware of safety policy, procedure and protocols and to report unsafe conditions to their manager. Position is non-exempt.
- Receives, monitors, and dispatches radio communications traffic.
- Categorizes and prioritizes calls.
- Dispatches appropriate service and emergency personnel to incident and breakdown locations; dispatches replacement buses.
- Reviews and summarizes daily activity logs, including service delays, breakdowns, accidents, late pull-outs, vehicle shifts, passenger problems, detours, and lost service.
- Observes operators reporting to work to ensure service pull-outs.
- Corrects vehicle problems relayed by operators prior to pull-out; requests repairs and/or obtains different bus.
- Announces detours, weather warnings, and storm routes.
- Requests daily radio repairs for non-working systems.
- Identifies and corrects driver manifests.
- Consults with maintenance personnel on a daily basis regarding maintenance and repair needs.
- Orders evacuation of premises in emergency situations or fire alarms.
- Coordinates transportation services with outside supervisors during special events.
- Contacts operators as requested by customer service personnel or police.
- Answers telephone and provides information as requested; answers phones after hours for other divisions.
- Communicates ongoing activities to relief shift personnel.
- Reviews and completes daily paperwork; calculates payroll; enters data to computer.
- Maintains facility information, including updating bulletin boards and replenishing printed materials.
- Prepares and processes daily required paperwork, including roll call and trip sheets, daily time reports, special event sheets, pull-out and relief sheets, and other forms as needed.
- Distributes manifests and route sheets.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
Education/Experience: Associate’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. High School diploma or GED Equivalent required.
- Knowledge of transit routes, services, and schedules. (Preferred)
- Knowledge of authority policies and procedures. (Preferred)
- Knowledge of union contract requirements.
- Knowledge of city streets and surrounding areas serviced by CNYRTA
- Knowledge of dispatching procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant state and federal laws as well as traffic regulations.
- Skill in the operation of radio/communications equipment.
- Skill in operating office equipment such as a computer, copier, calculator, and facsimile machine.
- Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations.
- Skill in dealing with the public.
- Skill in maintaining records and preparing reports.
- Skill in supervisory techniques.
- Skill in making decisions accurately and rapidly.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
Applications and In-House Transfer Requests with a resume must be submitted to Kayla Garcia or go onto our website at www.centro.org and apply! All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. CNYTRA reserves the right to select a candidate from within or outside the Company.
CNYRTA is an equal opportunity employer.