DEPARTMENT: Marketing, Central New York Regional Transportation Authority
SALARY RANGE: Grade 4 – 40,110 to 49,127
Note: Starting salary is determined by evaluation of experience and qualifications for the position.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for increasing public awareness and promoting authority services to the public via communication, marketing, design, and social media channels and providing travel training for individuals with disabilities and other community members.
- Develop and post communication updates to social media platforms.
- Develop and post content to company website and intranet.
- Develop and post system-wide information using company service alert and text messaging services.
- Respond to email and phone inquiries from the general public at the direction of the Customer Call Center Manager.
- Attend and participate in local Centro community events, as assigned.
- Conduct travel training sessions for requesting community organizations and members to include planning a trip, getting to and from a bus stop, purchasing Centro ride passes, riding a specific route, identifying bus numbers and stops, boarding with a mobility device, using the farebox, using a transfer, and reading and understanding bus schedules.
- Meet with advocacy groups, as needed.
- Disseminate service information to community organizations to help promote public transportation to the local community.
- Establish collaborative relationships with other professionals and transit authority personnel.
- Participate in workshops and give presentations explaining travel instruction and the use of public transportation to requesting organizations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
Education/Experience: Associates degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Marketing or Communications related field.
- Experience with electronic media, internet, and social networking platforms.
- Experience with web content management systems (CMS).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud products (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.).
- Experience with standard office equipment, including computers and standard business application Software (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong communication and public speaking skills with the ability to interact with the public in a professional manner.
- Ability to offer personalized, one-on-one or group travel training instruction taking each trainee’s unique needs and abilities into account including how to use the Centro system safely and independently.
- Ability to become familiar with the transit system in the community and understand various transit modes, including public and private fixed route buses, over-the-road buses, paratransit buses, and taxis.
- Understanding of the reduced fare programs for persons with disabilities and seniors.
- Understanding of the paratransit eligibility and the application process in the community in which services are provided is desired, not required
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised.
Applications and In-House Transfer Requests must be submitted to Amanda Wilson or go onto our website at www.centro.org and apply! All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. CNYTRA reserves the right to select a candidate from within or outside the Company.
CNYRTA is an equal opportunity employer.