DEPARTMENT: Operations, Centro of Oneida, Inc.
SALARY RANGE: Grade 6 – $57,755 to $70,739
Note: Starting salary is determined by evaluation of experience and qualifications for the position and will be set at some point between the minimum and maximum of the pay scale.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for directing and supervising the overall daily activities of the Operations Department of Centro of Oneida. Position is exempt.
SAFETY DUTIES: To be aware of safety policy, procedure, and protocols and to report unsafe conditions to Safety & Training Manager immediately. To ensure overall departmental adherence to safety policy, procedure, and protocols. To ensure subordinate staff attain the necessary and proper training and education on safety standards. To coordinate these activities with the Safety & Training Manager and report progress or deficiencies to respective executive officer.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of all Supervisors/Dispatchers for the Oneida division. (Utica and Rome).
- Develops and assists the Director of Operations in scheduling, route planning and employee forecasting.
- Enforces work rules in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement and CNYRTA Policies.
- In conjunction with CNYRTA managers, this position assists in the development of operational and safety policies for inclusion into appropriate manuals.
- Oversees investigations of all accidents, incidents, injuries to ensure that the preparation of required forms and paperwork are complete and submitted in a timely manner.
- Monitors the platform at the HUB and responds to questions from the public as well as employees.
- Resolves customer and employee complaints.
- Coordinates information to operators and Supervisors in the field.
- Implements special events as directed.
- Reviews and prepares monthly progress reports for the Director & Senior Director of Operations.
- Works in coordination with our Syracuse Call-A-Bus Division.
- Works in coordination with our Service Development Department for passenger and mileage statistics.
- Coordinates with our 19A Instructor and facilitates all related driver training for Utica/Rome.
- Coordinates and facilitates training of all employees to enable access to all networked systems.
- Acts as contact person with the CNYRTA MIS Department to evaluate the overall network including PCs and printers.
- Contact person with CNYRTA Service Development Department to initiate run guide process for Centro of Oneida. (This includes Rome).
- Assists the Director and Senior Director of Operations regarding Internal Controls.
- Acts as project coordinator for special projects at the direction of the Senior Director of Operations.
- Remains on 24-hour call.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree preferred and/or five (5) years’ experience in a managerial role.
- Knowledge of transit routes, equipment, and employee duties and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of authority policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of city streets and surrounding areas serviced by CNYRTA.
- Knowledge of union contracts (Utica & Rome).
- Highly skilled in leading teams and in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing work.
- Skill in operating a computer.
- CDL B with Passenger endorsement preferred.
To apply for this position please complete a Centro of Oneida In House Transfer Request Form that is available from Amanda Wilson, HR Associate. A current resume must also be attached to the form. For individuals not currently employed by Centro, applications must be submitted to Amanda Wilson or go onto our website at www.centro.org and apply! All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Centro of Oneida, Inc. reserves the right to select a candidate from within or outside the Company.
CNYRTA is an equal opportunity employer.