Dr. Indu Gupta, Onondaga County Commissioner of Health, has stated that “there are now cases in our community that are results of community spread. These cases are people who’ve received a positive diagnosis without having knowledge of a direct contact with an infected person or travel to an affected area. This should be cause for great concern and should emphasize the continued for strict social distancing and staying home when sick.” The public needs to step up and protect not just themselves, but others in our community who are most vulnerable to getting severely ill.
You can review how to protect yourself here.
Everyone should be monitoring themselves for symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, and/or difficulty breathing. If symptoms do develop, stay home and call your doctor for further guidance about testing.
If you are elderly, have underlying medical conditions, or are immunocompromised, call your doctor even if your illness is mild. In an emergency call 911.
If you have symptoms and do not have a doctor, call Upstate University Hospital’s Triage Line at 315.464.3979 and you will be advised about testing.
Stay informed about COVID-19
Be aware of false information circulating on the internet. Accurate and up-to-date information is available from:
- Onondaga County Health Department: www.ongov.net/health/coronavirus.html
- New York State Department of Health: www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/coronavirus/
- NYSDOH Coronavirus Hotline 1-888-364-3065
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
COVID- 19 Resources
- Covid-19: 2020 Census
- Covid-19: American Heart Association
- Covid-19: Brookings Institute
- Covid-19: SBA NY-Statewide Disaster declaration
- Covid-19: CenterState CEO
- Covid-19: ChildCare Solutions
- Covid-19: City of Syracuse
- Covid-19: CNY Community Foundation
- Covid-19: IRS Corona virus Tax Relief
- Covid-19: Gov. Cuomo’s Workforce Ban
- Covid-19: JPMorgan Chase
- Covid-19: New York State Department of Labor
- Covid-19: Paycheck Protection Plan
- Covid-19: SBA Disaster Assistance
- Covid-19: SBA Economic Injury and Disaster Loan Assistance
- Covid-19: SBA Paycheck Protection Program
- Covid-19: Small Business Development Center
- Covid-19: Verizon-LISC Small Business Recovery Fund