Syracuse, NY – On Monday, Dana Balter, Democratic candidate for Congress in NY-24, announced the endorsement of 16 current and former local elected leaders from each of the 4 counties of the district.
“Dana is exactly the candidate we need to flip this seat in November. She ran an incredible campaign last cycle that clearly resonated with voters because it was about building a lasting movement for change in central and western New York,” said Mary Kuhn, Onondaga County Legislator-elect. “She delivered on that commitment by helping me and all the other Democrats running for local office this year. Our party is stronger because of her efforts and when we send her to Washington, our district will be too.”
“Folks in Oswego County were really energized by Dana’s campaign in 2018; she demonstrated that she understands and cares about all of the communities across our district. Dana shows up, listens, and works hard to make sure every voice is heard. That’s why it wasn’t surprising that she swung the vote in Oswego County by 12 points. She’s the right woman to win this election and I’m proud to support her,” said Tom Drumm, Oswego County Legislator.
“We need a representative in Congress who understands rural economic development, our farming community, and the importance of lake health. That’s why I’m supporting Dana Balter. No one is more committed to finding solutions to the challenges our communities face and no one is more committed to supporting our valued resources. She’s proven that she has what it takes to win this election and she will be a champion for Cayuga County in Congress,” said Melina Carnicelli, former Mayor of Auburn.
The list of local officials endorsing Balter includes:
* Kenan Baldridge, Town of Rose Supervisor
* Sara Bollinger, Town of Manlius Councilor
* Judy Boyke, Town of Cicero Councilor
* Melina Carnicelli, Former Mayor of Auburn
* Elaine Denton, Town of Manlius Councilor-elect
* Tom Drumm, Oswego County Legislator
* Daniel Farfaglia, Minority Leader of the Oswego County Legislature
* Melissa Flint Morgan, Mayor of Tully
* Katelyn Kriesel, Town of Manlius Councilor-elect
* Mary Kuhn, Onondaga County Legislator-elect
* Susan McBrearty, Oswego City Councilor
* Kerin Rigney, Town of Dewitt Councilor
* Tammy Sayre, Town of Marcellus Councilor
* Heather Allison Waters, Town of Manlius Councilor-elect
* Monica Williams, Onondaga County Legislator
* Vernon Williams, Onondaga County Legislator-elect
Additionally, Balter has also been endorsed by national organizations EMILY’s List, Democracy for America, and the Progressive Change Campaign Committee.
Dana Balter was the 2018 Democratic nominee for Congress in NY-24, where her campaign smashed fundraising records and came closer than any Democrat ever has to defeating John Katko. Dana currently runs a nonprofit focused on civic education and previously taught at Syracuse University’s Maxwell School.