Michael Greene is the Committee’s Choice for Syracuse Mayor
Syracuse, NY – Syracuse Councilor Michael Greene has been designated by the Onondaga County Democratic Committee as its mayoral candidate in the 2021 election.
Judge Erica T. Clarke was picked for the City Court Judge seat made vacant by Judge Rory McMahon’s election to the New York State Supreme Court.
Rasheada Caldwell and Councilor Ronnie White Jr. were chosen for the two Councilor-at-Large seats up in this year’s election.
Nyatwa Bullock, Karen J. Cordano, and David P. Maynard will be the Committee’s candidates for Commissioner of Education. Incumbent school board members Pat Body, David Cecile, and Derrick Dorsey did not run for re-election.
Incumbent Onondaga County Legislators in the 15th and 16th Districts were challenged for the Committee’s designation. Legislator Bill Kinne was chosen in the 15th. Legislator Vernon M. Williams Jr. was designated in the 16th District.
The full list of candidates designated on February 17th includes:
Onondaga County Legislature
- 1st District – Justin Neal
- 2nd District – Denise Baker
- 3rd District – Matthew Johnson
- 4th District – Stephon Williams
- 5th District – Chris Shepherd
- 6th District – Diane M. Dwire
- 7th District – Mary Kuhn
- 8th District – Christopher J. Ryan
- 9th District – Peggy Chase
- 10th District – Heather Waters
- 11th District – Ryan Suser
- 12th District – Sunny Aslam
- 13th District – Sara Aaserud
- 14th District – Shanelle Benson Reid
- 15th District – Bill Kinne
- 16th District – Vernon M. Williams, Jr.
- 17th District – Linda R. Ervin
City of Syracuse
- Mayor – Michael Greene
- City Court Judge – Erica T. Clarke
- Council President – Helen D. Hudson
- Councilor-at-Large – Rasheada Caldwell
- Councilor-at-Large – Ronnie White Jr.
- 1st District Councilor – John P. Copanas
- 2nd District Councilor – Patrick J. Hogan
- 3rd District Councilor – Chol Majok
- 4th District Councilor – Latoya D. Allen
- 5th District Councilor – Joseph T. Driscoll
- Commissioner of Education – Nyatwa Bullock
- Commissioner of Education – Karen J. Cordano
- Commissioner of Education – David P. Maynard
Town of Manlius
- Supervisor – John T. Deer
- Councilor – Sara Wall Bollinger
- Councilor – Katelyn Kriesel
- Councilor – William Nicholson
- Justice – David A. Rothschild
- Town Clerk – Mark Matt
- Highway Superintendent – Cheryl M. Matt
Town of Salina
- Supervisor – Kathy Zabinski
- 2nd Ward Councilor – Leesa Paul
- 3rd Ward Councilor – Tina Fitzgerald
Town candidates selected via caucus will be announced once caucuses have been held.