Syracuse, N.Y. – Seasonal odd and even parking restrictions in parts of downtown Syracuse take effect on November 1, 2021. On certain blocks, overnight on-street parking will alternate and be limited to one side. The requirements allow snow plows to effectively clear the streets unobstructed by parked cars between the hours of 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
The seasonal restrictions create easier and safer access routes for vehicles and pedestrians. Permanent posted signage ensures downtown residents and visitors have clear instruction on where parking is allowed on public streets, reducing the need for ticketing and towing.
Signage marking the parking changes and listing the hours for alternate parking is in place the following areas:
Near Hanover Square
- 100 & 200 blocks of Erie Blvd E.
- 100 & 200 blocks of E. Water St.
- 100 & 200 blocks of S. Warren St.
Near M. Lemp Park and the Galleries
- 300 & 400 blocks of S. Warren St.
Near City Hall
- 300 block of Montgomery St.
Near the OnCenter and Equitable Plaza
- 100 & 200 blocks of Madison St.
Near the Landmark Theatre and Barclay Damon building
- 100 & 200 blocks of E. Jefferson St.
- 100 block of W. Jefferson St.