Home HeadQuarters is a non-profit community housing development organization and certified Community Development Financial Institution whose mission is to create housing opportunities for individuals and families and improve communities in Central and Upstate New York . The organization was founded in 1996 to address the declining owner-occupancy rate and overall disinvestment in the city of Syracuse.
Although Home HeadQuarters now offers a wide range of programs and services, its initial strategies focused on implementing a home improvement lending program and providing homeownership education to create new city home buyers and combat decreasing investment in city neighborhoods. “click” for More About Home Headquarters.
This position requires experience working, managing and reporting on various local, state and federal government grant programs. Responsibilities include:
- Works with funding sources to bring funding awards to contract
- Develops program processes and procedures to ensure contract compliance
- Work with program staff on program delivery
- Research and assist with grant writing as needed
This position assists homeowners participating in HHQ’s home improvement loan programs with a focus on excellent customer service both in person and on the phone. Case management activities will include:
- Processing loan applications
- Preparing and holding loan closings
- Interfacing with contractors and processing payments
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus, but not required
Inspection & Rehabilitation Specialist
This position is responsible for construction services related to Home HeadQuarters home improvement activities. Responsibilities include:
- Performing inspections on single-family and multi-family properties
- Preparing detailed rehab work specifications
- Performing internal cost estimates
- Meeting with customers and contractors to review scope of work
- Providing construction monitoring
- Providing quality control and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Updating customer database as necessary
Interested? Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.