What started as a tiny political fire has grown and now threatens to devour the Governorship of New York’s Andrew Cuomo. After receiving high marks for guiding New York State through the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Governor of New York found himself embroiled in multiple charges of sexual harassment, acting inappropriately towards women. New York’s Attorney General Letitia James conducted an independent investigation, its results have caused a stampede of individuals and organizations calling for his immediate resignation.
Impeachment proceedings have already begun in the State legislative chambers where leaders; rank and file alike were waiting for results of the investigation. Now that it’s been released, what was a campfire has expanded, we now have a raging political forest fire, devouring Andrew Cuomo’s rein as Governor of New York State.
The rumbling you may feel are the number of elected leaders and organizations fleeing the political inferno; US Senators Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand, Representative John Katko (R) Onondaga, Assemblymember and Onondaga County Democratic Party Chair Pamela Hunter, Syracuse Mayor Ben Walsh, NYS Senator John Mannion, NYS United Teachers and Citizen Action, all have called for Cuomo’s Resignation.
The following are links to recently released calls for New York Governor Andrew Cuomo to resign.
- Syracuse Mayor Ben Walsh Statement on Investigation by New York State Attorney General Letitia James of Allegations of Sexual Harassment Against Governor Cuomo
- Schumer, Gillibrand Joint Statement on Governor Cuomo
- Statement From Rep. John Katko on New York State Attorney General Report
- Statement From Senator John W. Mannion on Attorney General’s Investigation Into Allegations of Sexual Harassment by Governor Cuomo
- Statement from Assembly Majority Conference Chair Pamela Hunter on Attorney General’s Report
- Citizen Action ‘Gov. Cuomo Must Resign After Investigation Confirms Sexual Misconduct, Toxic Workplace Environment’
- NYSUT Statement on Attorney General’s Report into Sexual Harassment Allegations Against Governor