Henninger students in the Medical Assisting program will be recognized at an Award Ceremony hosted by the Syracuse Community Health Center (SCHC) and the AmeriCorps group located at the Syracuse Community Health Center.
The ceremony, will take place on Wednesday, May 18th beginning at 9:15 am at the Syracuse Community Health Center’s Conference Room (819 South Salina Street).
At the award ceremony, students will be congratulated on their successful completion of the internship program and will be provided with a certificate indicating the number of clinical hours they earned throughout the school year. AmeriCorps members will also be recognizing the nurse managers of each department within the SCHC who supported the program, allowing students to shadow them and gain valuable work experience.
The schedule for the award ceremony is as follows:
- 9:15 am Ms. Daphne Johnson speaks about Grow Our Own Initiative
- 9:30 am Nagib Thabet (Physician’s Assistant) speaks about the Henninger program
- 9:45 am AmeriCorps Members Ashley Brown & Antoine McKinney speak about the program
- 10 am Student Testimony
- 10:15 am Award presentation
- 10:35 am Closing remarks from Dr. Quarles
- 10:45 am Meet & greet for students