Gouverneur, NY – Since 1903, Kinney has been a trusted healthcare resource for local communities. To that end, the company is introducing new resources to reassure the public that Kinney is part of the vaccination solution and to provide reliable, clear information on COVID vaccines and testing. The company invites people to sign up for COVID updates (via text, email and online) to “be the first to know” important updates on several key fronts including vaccines, clinics, and testing.
Vaccine & Clinic Updates:
- Kinney is part of the COVID-19 vaccination effort. Vaccines will be FREE to the public.
- Kinney will receive vaccine(s) when they are available for the general public, which could be as early as Spring 2021.
- To stay updated on vaccine availability, people can visit: www.kinneydrugs.com/pharmacy/covid-19/covid-19-vaccinations and/or subscribe to receive Kinney’s email updates at: www.kinneydrugs.com/pharmacy/covid-19/covid-19-vaccinations/email-sign-up/.
- Kinney will offer local organizations FREE onsite COVID-19 vaccination clinics. To learn more or express interest in scheduling a clinic, interested organizations can visit: https://kinneydrugs.com/pharmacy/covid-19/covid-19-vaccinations/clinics/
- Kinney is conducting asymptomatic COVID testing at numerous locations in VT and some in NY, with more NY locations scheduled to come online in early January.
- In both NY and VT, patients schedule an appointment via an online portal, come to the drive-thru window to get a sample kit, and perform a self-test in their vehicles. In VT, patients return their sealed sample kits through the drive-thru window. In NY, patients drop their kits in an outdoor lockbox. Kinney’s partner labs collect the samples, conduct the tests, and post test results to an online portal, typically within three to five days, but sometimes as early as two days.
- To learn more about COVID testing at Kinney including locations and scheduling, visit: www.kinneydrugs.com/pharmacy/covid-19/covid-19-testing/
“Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, it has been Kinney’s top priority to be there for our communities to provide the medications, supplies, and care they need,” said Rebecca Bubel, R.Ph. President of Kinney Drugs. “To that end, we have been partnering to provide COVID testing and look forward to expanding those capabilities to help meet growing demand. Similarly, when vaccines are authorized and made available to the general public, Kinney pharmacists will administer them based on established vaccine prioritization guidelines. As we have since 1903, our employee-owners remain 100% committed to supporting our communities on the front lines. By working together, we can help bring this pandemic under control,” said Bubel.
Kinney Drugs Founded in Gouverneur, NY in 1903, today the independent, employee-owned company operates 96 stores in New York and Vermont. Kinney Drugs is part of the KPH Healthcare Services family of companies, a national provider of pharmaceutical and healthcare services with complementary businesses in both the retail and commercial segments of the industry. KPH is comprised of six divisions: (1) Kinney Drugs, a chain of full-service drug stores located throughout New York and Vermont; (2) Health Direct Institutional Pharmacy Services, which serves long-term care and alternative care needs; (3) ProAct, Inc., a pharmacy benefit management company with sales offices throughout the country and a mail-order pharmacy; (4) Noble Health Services, a specialty pharmacy that dispenses medications used to treat complex and chronic diseases; (5) Kinnect™, an on-site clinical care pharmacy; and (6) Aristacare, an infusion therapy pharmacy that offers both in-home infusion therapy (with HomeLife specialized nursing support) and operates an ambulatory infusion center. KPH Healthcare Services is an employee-owned company with approximately 4,300 employees that provides the highest quality pharmacy and healthcare services. Every aspect of KPH’s business is guided by the values of excellence, moral responsibility, and community spirit.