East Syracuse, NY (September 24, 2018) – The Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee for Construction and General Laborers, Local Union #633, will conduct a recruitment from October 17, 2018 through September 18, 2019 for 5 skilled construction craft laborer apprentices, the New York State Department of Labor announced today.
Applications may be obtained from Local Union #633, 7051 Fly Road, East Syracuse, NY, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month, excluding legal holidays, during the recruitment period. All applications must be received no later than 09/18/19.
The Committee requires that applicants:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a high school diploma, a high school equivalency diploma (such as TASC or GED), or a minimum of five years of documented experience in the trade.
- Must attest to being physically capable of performing the work of a skilled construction craft laborer, which may include:
- Working at heights of up to 150 feet.
- Working in confined spaces.
- Lifting 50 pounds or more.
- Must pass a hair follicle drug test, at the expense of the sponsor, after selection and prior to indenture.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Apprentices may be required to drive company vehicles.
- Must be willing to join Local Union #633.
- Must provide DD-214, certificate of release or discharge from active duty, if applicable, after selection and prior to indenture
For further information, applicants should contact their nearest New York State Department of Labor office or Local Union #633 at (315) 471-1591.
Apprentice programs registered with the Department of Labor must meet standards established by the Commissioner. Under state law, sponsors of programs cannot discriminate against applicants because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or marital status. Women and minorities are encouraged to submit applications for apprenticeship programs. Sponsors of programs are required to adopt affirmative action plans for the recruitment of women and minorities.