The Construction and General Laborers’ Local Union #633 will conduct a recruitment from September 18, 2013 through August 20, 2014 for ten (10) skilled construction craft laborer apprentices, State Labor Commissioner Peter M. Rivera announced recently.
Applications may be obtained at Local Union #633, 7051 Fly Road, East Syracuse, NY from 9:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. the 3rd Wednesday of each month, excluding legal holidays, during the recruitment period.
The Committee requires that applicants:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (G.E.D.), or five years documented experience in the trade.
- Must be able to physically perform the work required as indicated on the employment application. The work includes:
- Regularly working at heights up to 150 feet
- Regularly working within confined areas
- Performing the required duties of a laborer. This may include, but may not be limited to, lifting 50 lbs. or more.
- Must be willing to submit to a drug test upon acceptance into the apprenticeship program.
- Must be willing to join Local Union #633.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to operate the sponsor’s work vehicles.
For further information, applicants should contact their nearest New York State Department of Labor office or Local Union #633 at (315) 471-1591.
Apprentice programs registered with the Department of Labor must meet standards established by the Commissioner. Under state law, sponsors of programs cannot discriminate against applicants because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability or marital status. Women and minorities are encouraged to submit applications for apprenticeship programs. Sponsors of programs are required to adopt affirmative action plans for the recruitment of women and minorities.