Douglassville, PA – The Northeastern Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee for the Outside Electrical Industry will conduct a recruitment from October 14, 2019 through October 13, 2020 for 50-70 Electrical (Outside) Line Worker apprentices, the New York State Department of Labor announced.
Please note that the 50-70 openings listed for apprentices represent the total number for all regions of the state.
Applications may be obtained at any time during the recruitment period at: http://www.NEAT1968.org. Please note, there is a $25.00 test processing fee required with all completed applications. Applicants may request that this fee be waived. Fee waivers will be approved upon showing verifiable proof of financial need. Applicants who do not have internet access should visit their local library or their nearest New York State Department of Labor Career Center.
The Committee requires that applicants:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must pass DOT physical, at the expense of the sponsor, after an offer of employment.
- Must take and pass the NJATC aptitude test.
- Must pass a drug test, at the expense of the sponsor, after selection and prior to enrollment in apprenticeship.
- Must attend all the related classroom training that is required of the program.
- Must be willing to attend related instruction classes at the training centers located in Onondaga or Suffolk counties.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a commercial driver’s permit or license (class A or B, with the air brake restriction removed) in order to operate commercial vehicles.
- Must be able to read, hear, and understand instructions and warnings given in English.
- Must be able to crawl and work in confined spaces such as attics and manholes.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders, scaffolds, poles, and towers of various heights.
- Must be willing and able to travel to worksites anywhere within Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
- Must provide DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, if applicable, after selection and prior to enrollment in apprenticeship.
For further information, applicants should contact Northeastern Joint Apprenticeship & Training Committee at (610) 326-2860. Additional job search assistance can be obtained at your local New York State Department of Labor Career Center (see: https://www.labor.ny.gov/career-center-locator/location-list-all.php).
Apprentice programs registered with the Department of Labor must meet standards established by the Commissioner. Under state law, sponsors of programs cannot discriminate against applicants because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or marital status. Women and minorities are encouraged to submit applications for apprenticeship programs. Sponsors of programs are required to adopt affirmative action plans for the recruitment of women and minorities.