Download One for Yourself or for a Friend Today!
In response to requests for help from families struggling with a loved one’s addiction, FOR-NY, with support from the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (NYS OASAS), has created the Family to Family Recovery Resource Guide.
This comprehensive, user-friendly guide is based on feedback provided by family members from throughout the state who have “been there.”
The downloadable guide provides important information and resources to help families impacted by addiction navigate the many barriers and challenges they may face. For example,
- What to do if you suspect a loved one has a problem with alcohol or other drugs
- Understanding the individual’s & the family’s rights regarding treatment and recovery support
- Navigating the insurance process
- Identifying and accessing support and treatment in New York State
- Dealing with isolation & stigma
- Taking care of yourself and others in the family
The Guide also includes links to many helpful state and national organizations, articles, and videos.
This important resource has been created for the families of people who have not yet found recovery, families of people in recovery, and families who have lost a loved one to addiction. It can also be useful to individuals, friends and allies of those impacted by addiction, as well as prevention, treatment, and recovery service professionals.
You can download the guide at FOR-NY’s website, here.