Onondaga Community College (OCC) President Dr. Casey Crabill and SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) Interim President Dr. David Amberg today signed an articulation agreement, giving OCC students pursuing degrees in Liberal Arts & Sciences: Mathematics and Science a seamless pathway into 18 different bachelor’s degree programs at ESF. OCC students who complete work toward an associate degree in Mathematics and Science with a 2.8 grade point average or higher will be eligible to transfer to ESF with junior status.
The letters “MTS.AS” which precedes each listing stand for “Mathematics & Science, Associate in Science,” which is the degree OCC students would be required to earn prior to transferring.
These transfer pathways will assist students in OCC’s biological sciences, math and science, general studies, and architectural technology programs to make a seamless transition into 18 bachelor degree programs at ESF in the departments of chemistry, environmental and forest biology, environmental health, environmental science, environmental studies, sustainable resources management, and sustainability management (online).
The 18 ESF majors included in the agreement are:
- AS Biology Specialization to Aquatics & Fisheries Science B.S.
- AS Biology Specialization to Biochemistry B.S.
- AS Biology Specialization to Biotechnology B.S.
- AS Biology Specialization to Chemistry B.S.
- AS Biology Specialization to Environmental Biology B.S.
- MTS AS Biology Specialization to Environmental Health B.S.
- AS Biology Specialization to Forrest Ecosystem Science B.S.
- AS General Degree Program to Conservation Biology B.S.
- AS General Degree Program to Construction Management B.S.
- AS General Degree Program to Environmental Education and Interpretation B.S.
- AS General Degree Program to Environmental Science B.S.
- AS General Degree Program to Environmental Studies B.S.
- AS General Degree Program to Forrest Health B.S.
- AS General Degree Program to Forest Resources Management B.S.
- AS General Degree Program to Natural Resources Management B.S.
- AS General Degree Program to Sustainability Energy Management B.S.
- AS General Degree Program to Sustainability Management B.S. (on-line)
- AS General Degree Program to Wildlife Science B.S.
“We are so pleased to have been able to work with President Crabill and OCC Provost Anastasia Urtz to create this wonderful opportunity for our region’s young scholars that begin their path to success at OCC,” said ESF Interim President Dr. David Amberg. “It is a top strategic priority of ESF to provide access to a high-quality STEM education for students from all socioeconomic backgrounds. ESF recognizes that OCC provides a great entry point for such students and does a tremendous job supporting their students and preparing them for the next step in their academic careers. We also greatly appreciate that OCC has made available a dedicated space for our advisors to work directly with OCC students to make sure they make the most of their time at OCC in preparing them for the transition to ESF.”
“We are grateful to President Amberg and SUNY-ESF for acknowledging the tremendous potential in our students and giving them a seamless pathway to a high-quality SUNY education. Both institutions are committed to helping students navigate a clear path from high school to college and into their careers. Giving our students this new access point to a valuable degree from ESF is a major accomplishment for them,” said OCC President Dr. Casey Crabill.