Hundreds of residents to turn out to recycle their old clothing and textiles
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (November 14, 2014) ‒ As part of America Recycles Day 2014, OCRRA joined a statewide campaign to remind residents to donate all unwanted clothing, footwear and other textiles, such as sheets, towels, tablecloths and even underwear or single socks.
Each year, Onondaga County residents throw out 20 million pounds of textiles – which have a $3 million value; 95% of those items could have been recycled. The November 15 event is aimed at increasing the recovery of clothes and textiles in our community.
WHEN: Saturday, November 15, 2014; 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
WHERE: Solar Street Parking Lot across from Destiny USA, Syracuse.
- The first 500 residents to arrive will receive a coupon book with special offers from Destiny USA retailers.
- All the textiles collected will be donated to the Syracuse Rescue Mission.
- Old Clothes – all items should be clean and dry; rips, stains, missing buttons, non-functioning zippers are okay;
- All footwear;
- Accessories: hats, gloves, scarves, pocketbooks, duffle bags, totes, belts, ties;
- Linens: sheets, blankets, comforters, towels, throw rugs, draperies, table linens, placemats;
- Stuffed animals.