Onondaga Community College will host a dedication of its new teaching restaurant, “With Love,” located on the city’s north side at 435 North Salina Street, Syracuse 13203. The restaurant’s regional or national cuisine will change every six months. It will be determined by one student who is also the restaurateur in residence. The first cuisine is Pakistani. The student, Sarah Robin, is from Lahore, Pakistan.
Students enrolled in the Food Service Management and Line Cook programs will be versed in the full range of cuisines and restaurant formats.
The restaurant will open to the public Friday, December 2.
Its weekly schedule will be:
- Tuesday’s – Lunch from 12-2 p.m.
- Wednesday’s – Lunch from 12-2 p.m.
- Thursday’s – Dinner from 5-8 p.m.
- Friday’s – Dinner from 5-8 p.m.
All food served at the restaurant is locally sourced. Suppliers include:
- Salt City Harvest Farm in Kirkville
- Regional Access in Ithaca
- Jubilee Homes’ Urban Delights Farms in Syracuse
- Pyramids Halal Meat in Syracuse
- Altanoor Grocery in Syracuse
- Namaste Market in Liverpool
- Peter Guinta & Son Produce in Syracuse
The restaurant does not have a liquor license. You can see a restaurant menu and learn more about it here.
Partners in the opening of the restaurant and educating of OCC students include:
- CenterState CEO’s Up Start program which gives the ‘restaurateur in residence’ wraparound business and financial training.
- Catholic Charities which provides a five-week prerequisite course in industrial kitchen best practices and ServSafe certification.
- Onondaga Civic Development Corporation which secured the restaurant location initially and assisted with funding renovations.
OCC’s Food Service Management Program has been funded under a $2.5 million United States Department of Labor TAACCCT Grant. Its purpose is to facilitate greater employment by improving workforce education. This program is an equal opportunity program. Auxiliary aids are available upon request.
More information is available by calling OCC’s Economic and Workforce Development office at (315) 498-2884 or emailing email@example.com.