Position Description: The Program Associate will provide administrative support that guides the grant distribution process and execution of initiatives through the review of proposals, interacting with prospective applicants and electronic record keeping.
Program Associate: Central New York Community Foundation
Reports To: Director, Grants and Programs
Status: Regular, Full-time, Non-Exempt
- Conduct grant proposal processing
- Type relevant information into grant data system. Prepare grant application materials for review by staff and board. Assist with analyzing grant proposals through written materials, site visits, interviews with other funders and relevant agencies
- Prepare and present written and oral analyses of grant recommendations for Community Foundation staff, board, donors and/or committee members
- Work directly with people seeking grant funding for local nonprofit organizations to provide clarification of Community Foundation priorities, assist them with the application process and share feedback with them on their proposals
- Coordinate with members of the Community Investment and Finance teams to have grants paid
- Assess and coordinate grant reporting
- Review grant reports and track deadlines to ensure that electronic records are up to date
- Keep an open mind for ways to improve processes as you work with colleagues from other departments (such as the Finance and Development departments)
- Coordinate and maintain scholarship documents
- Process scholarship forms and paperwork
- Collect and track scholarship applications
- Maintain scholarship records
- First point of contact for scholarship-related questions
- Assist Community Investment team with scholarship-related committees and committee materials
- Assist the Community Investment team with implementing various Community Initiatives
- Conduct research on issues or concerns of importance to the Community Foundation
- Participate in activities of the philanthropic field such as conferences and meetings to enhance overall operations
- Strong interest in and commitment to philanthropy and the work of the Community Foundation, with a demonstrated commitment to the Central New York area, its people and their concerns
- Familiarity with Central New York and its opportunities and challenges
- Superior attention to detail and high level of organization
- Excellent customer service skills to external and internal constituents
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience
- Computer proficiency including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and a willingness to learn all appropriate Community Foundation software
Time Requirement: This is a full-time, non-exempt position requiring 37.5 hours per week. Work hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with some flexibility.
Salary and Benefits: Salary range starts at $39,000. Employee benefits include health insurance, annual vacation and sick days, twelve paid holidays, term life insurance, additional disability insurance, parking, 401(k) retirement savings program with employer contribution and match, optional flex spending accounts for medical or dependent care expenses and other benefits as outlined in the employee handbook.
How to Apply: Please submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.