Supermarket retailer’s hunger-fighting campaign will also provide Syracuse-area families in need with school essentials
Jubilee Homes has worked in partnership with the Syracuse City School District to identify families in need
Price Rite Marketplace and Feed the Children, together with event partners Butterball and Jubilee Homes, will provide families in need in the Syracuse area with food and essentials to prepare them for the back-to-school season. Each of the 400 families, pre-identified by Jubilee Homes, will receive a 25-pound box of food; a 10-pound box of essentials including shampoo, conditioner, lotion and personal-care items; additional food such as fresh produce and shelf-stable items provided by Price Rite Marketplace; and two backpacks filled with school supplies for the upcoming school year.
Jubilee Homes has worked in partnership with the Syracuse City School District to identify families in need for this event at the following schools: Delaware Elementary School, Danforth Middle School, Bellevue Elementary School and Westside Academy at Blodgett.
Fighting hunger is at the heart of Price Rite Marketplace’s charitable giving and paired with Feed the Children’s vision to create a world where no child goes to bed hungry, they have created an initiative, Price Rite Marketplace: Feeding Minds & Bodies, to provide some of America’s most vulnerable children with food, personal care items, books and school supplies throughout the year and help tackle the serious issue of childhood hunger. Price Rite Marketplace and Feed the Children will host eight events in 2018 to address seasonal issues such as lack of food during the summer months, back-to-school, and holiday hunger.
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Opening Ceremony: 9:15 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
Distribution of Food & Essentials: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Opening remarks from local dignities, who will speak to the issue of food insecurity in the local community Opening remarks from Price Rite Marketplace and Feed the Children.
Those scheduled to be on-hand for the event will be:
- Chris Farran, Senior Vice President, Price Rite Marketplace
- Bill Britton, Director of Human Resources, Price Rite Marketplace
- John Corpora, Director of Operations, Price Rite Marketplace
- Joe Allegro, Senior Director of Corporate Partnerships, Feed the Children
- Mayor Ben Walsh, City of Syracuse
- Deputy Mayor Sharon Owens, City of Syracuse
- Senator David Valesky, New York State Senate
- Assemblymember Pamela Hunter, New York State Assembly
- Superintendent Jaime Alicea, The City of Syracuse School District
- Pastor Jonathan Stephens, Fountain of Life Church
- Walt Dixie, Jubilee Homes of Syracuse, Inc.
Jubilee Homes extends special recognition to those who assisted in this Feed the Children event:
- 100 Black Men of Syracuse
- National Action Network Syracuse Chapter
- Urban Delights Youth Farmstand Program
- We Rise Above the Streets Recovery Outreach, Inc.
- Pathfinder Bank
- Staff of the Syracuse City School District
- Yellow Taxi of Syracuse
- ASAP Taxis 4 Less
- VIP Structures
- Thompson & Johnson Equipment Co.