Mary J. Blige and NAS to Perform at St. Joseph’s Lakeview August 21st at 8:00 PM Tickets went on sale in April
Rap icon, actor and entrepreneur Ice Cube will take to the Chevy Court stage Wednesday, Aug. 28 at 8 p.m. as part of the Chevrolet Music Festival during the 2019 Great New York State Fair. The performance is free with Fair admission. Ice Cube rose to prominence with the iconic rap group N.W.A., soared as a solo artist, became an actor in big films such as “Boyz N The Hood” and the “Barbershop” series, and founded the Big3 pro basketball league.
“Ice Cube is one of the most important artists in the history of rap and we are excited to have him here. This is a show that anyone who enjoys this genre of music will want to see,” said Fair Director Troy Waffner.
The Roots, perform at 8 p.m., Sunday September 1
The Roots, one of hip-hop music’s greatest groups and the house band for “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” will perform at 8 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 1 at the Chevrolet Music Fair at Chevy Court. All performances on Chevy Court are free with Fair admission.
“We’re honored to have Questlove, Black Thought and the band on our stage. They are among the most influential musicians in hip hop and their shows are among the greatest live performances in popular music. This is a night not to be missed,” said Troy Waffner, Fair Director.
Ice Cube Questlove, Black Thought and the band joins a lineup of exciting and diverse performers on the Chevy Court stage that includes:
- Bad Company, 8 p.m., August 21
- Grace Potter, 8 p.m., August 22
- Lindsey Stirling, 8 p.m., August 23
- Jimmie Allen, 2 p.m., August 25
- Dropkick Murphys, 8 p.m., August 25
- Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone, 2 p.m., August 26
- Midland, 8 p.m., August 26
- The Mavericks, 2 p.m., August 28
- Why Don’t We, 2 p.m., August 29
- Vince Neil of Motley Crue, 8 p.m., August 29
- Granger Smith, 8 p.m., August 30
- Theory of a Deadman, 8 p.m., August 31
- The Roots, 8 p.m., September 1
- Lovelytheband, 1 p.m., September 2
- Gavin DeGraw, 6 p.m., September 2
At the Experience Stage:
- Grand Funk Railroad, 7 p.m., August 21
- Jackyl, 7 p.m., August 24
- Pop Evil, 7 p.m., August 25
- 38 Special, 7 p.m., August 27
- Rick Springfield, 7 p.m., August 31
Over the Fair’s 13 days, the Chevrolet Music Festival at Chevy Court and at the New York Experience Stage will feature more than two dozen national touring group performances in diverse genres. Chevrolet sponsors the performances on both stages.
Founded in 1841, the Great New York State Fair is America’s third largest state fair. The Fair showcases the best of New York agriculture, provides top-quality entertainment and is a key piece of Governor Cuomo’s CNY Rising strategy of growing the Central New York economy through tourism. Fair attendance is up more than 40% since the beginning of more than $120 million in investments, with 1.27 million people attending the Fair in 2018. The 2019 Fair runs from August 21 to September 2. Information about the Fair can be found here.
The New York State Fairgrounds is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A year-round schedule of events is available here. Find the Great New York State Fair on Facebook, follow @NYSFair on Twitter, and enjoy photos from the Fair on Flickr. New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair at email@example.com.