On Wednesday, September 16th, 2020, at around 11:37 P.M., Officers Victoria Losurdo and William Coleman conducted a traffic stop in the 200 block of Shonnard St. for a vehicle that violated the Vehicle and Traffic Law.
Upon speaking with the driver, there was a smell of *marihuana coming from the vehicle. The driver and passenger were removed from the car. A search of the vehicle revealed illegal drugs and a loaded .40 caliber handgun that was stolen out of Georgia. The driver fled when Officers tried to apprehend him, but he was caught a short time later.
As a result, the driver, Rodney Ogletree, 36 was arrested and charged with:
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Third Degree
- Criminal Possession of a Firearm
- Criminal Possession of Stolen Property in the Fourth Degree
- Unlawful Possession of Marihuana
- Resisting Arrest
*The spelling of Marihuana is used as it is spelled in the New York State Penal Law https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/laws/PEN/P3TMA221