The “Donald” has spoken, apparently in a message to the African American community, “You’re living in poverty, your schools are no good… 58% of your youth is unemployed — what the hell do you have to lose?”
Trump refused to appear at the NAACP Convention, which would have been an opportune time to express his views regarding African-American voters.
Now, after another, “re-boot” of his campaign Trump sounds more like the late country star Patsy Kline, “I’m sorry, so sorry, please accept my apology”.
The presidential hopeful consistently expelled vomitus tweets, texts and statements derogatory towards, Blacks, Hispanics and those of Mexican heritage, all who’ve listened recall his assault on the first African-American President.
An original “birther”, Trump demanded to see President Obama’s college grades, he cast doubt on Barack Obama’s country of birth. Those African Americans with parents, who fled the segregated south, remember stories of being asked for their “papers”. “Where, you goin’ boy? Let me see some ID.”
Donald Trump is now asking for “vote of every single African American “, as expressed during one of his recent speeches in front of an all-white audience. These statements are coming on the heels of a disastrous campaign period. His tumultuous week had him disrespecting a Gold Star mother and father, insinuating supporters of the Second Amendment would “take care of Hillary Clinton”, if she were elected.
The nerve of Mr. Trump, after all he’s said about African-American’s- to now ask for our vote. His opening pitch falls flat, “You’re living in poverty, your schools are no good… 58% of your youth is unemployed — what the hell do you have to lose?”
What the hell do we have to lose?
Well, this is just a short list of “what the hell we have to lose” by supporting a Trump Presidency.
- Our dignity: after saying what he’s said about the African American Community?
- Voting Rights in 38 States-Voter Suppression efforts
- Recently obtained health insurance-repeal Obamacare
- Access to health care for women– defunding Planned Parenthood
- Civility in the public sphere– Fanning the flames of racial hatred- he’s steadfast refused or hedge on the role of the Ku Klux Klan or White Supremacists (as if he didn’t want to upset them)
- Moral Compass – Lying in every sense imaginable about President Obama ( founder of ISSIS)
- Calm in the face of calamity. He will say anything without considering the global impact. Down talking the economy, threatening to default on debt.
The wrong words spoken by a President can cause a global financial crash, causing everyday investors, 401K, Pension Funds to lose trillions in value. Alienating our NATO allies, cozy with to Russia’s, Vladimir Putin, and the list of dis-qualifiers goes on and on. For the Trump campaign, the aforementioned is why any overture by the candidate to appeal to African American voters will fall on deaf ears.