Woman Suffers Burns in Apartment Fire on City’s East Side

Syracuse, N.Y. – The Syracuse Fire Department was called to 2005 East Fayette Street at 3:08am for a fire alarm activation.  Firefighters arrived in less than three minutes and discovered a kitchen fire in a first floor apartment. The fire was extinguished in under five minutes, and the damage was contained to the apartment of origin.

An adult female occupant of the apartment was transported to the hospital for treatment of burns to her arm and hand.  No other injuries were reported.  Firefighters spent over an hour clearing smoke from the building.  The cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking.